Even as the highly infectious, COVID-19 pandemic is continuing to wreak havoc and spread uncertainty across the globe, the only grain of truth is that the world will never be the same when all this subsides. Hence, on 3rd April 2020, the Indo- German Training Centre announced its first webinar on “Business Learnings from BC to AD” by faculty M. Hariharan, popularly known as the “The Game Changer” by all IGTCians. By education, he is a Chartered Accountant and a Cost Management Accountant. By profession, he is the Director of Savoir Faire Management Services Pvt. Ltd.
In his inimitable style, Mr. Hariharan touched on the following key topics for business preparedness:
- Adapting to the PESTEL challenges of COVID 19
- Learning from the challenges
- Applying learnings to business survival and growth
The webinar was attended by an overwhelming audience of 230+ invitees comprising of IGTC alumni (PGPBA and EBMP batches) from all over the world, and corporate members from partnering companies. The community deeply appreciated the content as it was the start of the ‘new normal’ and there were a lot of apprehensions and questions about new strategies to thrive business.
Mr. Hariharan concluded his presentation by infusing optimism in the audience “In the struggle for survival, the fittest win at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment.” The must-dos to be followed are:
- Personal Hygiene: extending that to better workplace management
- Societal Care: extending that to more inclusive business models
- Environmental Care: extending that to more eco-sensitive business models
- Work-Life Balance: extending that to making jobs less movement needed
- Adapting to the changes: extending that to inculcate flexibility in work place
The webinar concluded on an extremely encouraging note, “Tough times never last; tough people do”.