IGTC saw a significant increase in the number of applicants with an aspiration to be a part of the flagship, unique Post Graduation Programme in Business Administration (PGPBA) based on the German Dual System of Education, and with a desire to make a sustainable career with German organizations.
As a part of Stage I, the IGTC Written Test and Group Discussion was conducted for all the applicants on 3rd and 4th May, 2014. Based on their Written Test, Group Discussion, Past Academic Performance and Work Experience, applicants were then shortlisted to Stage II to meet and interview with Collaborating Training Companies.
An Information Session was held on 4th June, 2014 at IGTC for the shortlisted applicants and their parents to give them a clear understanding of the 18 month PGPBA, to give them guidance of how to prepare for the Personal Interviews and to solve their doubts and answer their questions. Five collaborating companies – Bayer Group, Evonik India, Groz-Beckert Asia, HÃ¤fele India and Hirschvogel Components India – made presentations to the applicants on the proposed career path as well as highlighted their expectations and requirements of a trainee/intern.
The Trainee Selection Process (Personal Interviews) with Collaborating Training Companies was conducted over two days – 10th and 11th June 2014. Twenty-nine renowned Indo-German member organizations participated in the process including B.Braun Medical India, Bajaj Allianz, BASF Group, Bayer Group, Bharat Forge, Bosch Automotive Electronics India, Bosch Limited, Claas India, Clariant Chemicals, DBOI, Dr. Oetker, Epcos India, Evonik India, Extentia Technologies, Groz-Beckert Asia, HÃ¤fele India, HDFC Ergo, Hirschvogel Components India, Knorr-Bremse Technology Center, KSB Pumps Ltd, Laxmi Precision Screws, Lanxess India, Mercedes-Benz, Rittal India, Schaefer Systems, Schaeffler Group, Schott Glass India, Siemens Financial Services, Siemens Limited, Steinbach & Partner, TUV India and Wacker Chemie India.
After intense interviews, the companies made their selections and gave their nominations to IGTC. Within a few days, the most deserving 57 students were offered admission to IGTC with full knowledge and information about their respective training companies before they paid their fees. The programme for this meritoriously selected Batch 2014 – 2016 will begin on 5th August 2014 at IGTC Mumbai.
Some of the students share their experience of this unique Trainee Selection Process:
- “I was thrilled with the hospitality received with not only the management staff but also with the current students as well. They held us together in our thoughts and conviction to go and produce our best results. IGTC made everybody feel a potential leader and it is important to put your best step forward in order to succeed. During the interview process, I was amazed to see the welcome and complete professionalism throughout the process. Mrs. Radhieka Mehta, Director – IGTC made sure that every student was given opportunities to prove their mettle. I feel honoured and more importantly positive to be a part of such a family which holds the emotional connect stronger than the academic details of a student.”
– Harsh Sanghavi, Selected as a trainee with Mercedes-Benz
- “My interaction with the IGTC management from the primary stage was extremely warm and friendly. All information I sought regarding the structure of the IGTC selection process and related issues was promptly provided to me. I do believe that the IGTC PGPBA is one of the best as it enhances theoretical knowledge, through practical application of the same, through the duration of the program itself.
I sincerely thank IGTC for the wonderful experience through the entire selection process and look forward to my experience with the Post Graduation Programme in Business Administration.”
– Tasanya D’lima, selected as a trainee with Bosch Limited
- “IGTC is known to stand out from other institutes in terms of pedagogy, curriculum, corporate experience and its admission process. I had the opportunity to participate in this challenging process. It surely isn’t a piece of cake to get so many leading German Companies under one roof. IGTC has created the perfect platform for students to get recognized and I am glad I could be a part of it. Kudos to the IGTC team!”
– Surbhi Parekh, selected as a trainee with DBOI Global Services
- “Admission Process at IGTC is a very unique process as it gets the best out of you and also provides a very good platform for the Collaborating Companies to pick the best. The whole process of Written Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interviews with companies is monitored and managed extremely well by the institute. I am extremely thankful for this opportunity.”
– Ashwini Mishra, selected as a trainee with Bharat Forge